Keep on smiling

Keep on smiling
Blueeee

Thursday 17 May 2007

On HIPs and pains in the neck...

To quote my friend, Tueac: Something interesting behind a boring title. Yes! The list is out! We've been warned SEVERAL times in fact. So now they've stepped it up.

What am I talking about? Heard about HIP? No, not the one that goes crack when you try to sit down. It stands for "Honour Intellectual Property". So that = HIP? A bit lame but they get the message across.

Right. I'm talking about downloading anime from the net. Not direct download. But from torrents. The list is out on the list of anime titles that are licensed in Singapore. Where? Here!

A glance though the list and the first question one would ask is: THEY ARE LICENSED?!?! The next question: If they are licensed where can they be found?!? Fact is, dear people, the titles which are licensed in Singapore are just unavailable off the shelves. Meaning they cannot be bought! If they can be bought, they will usually follow the norm and will sub in CHINESE and dub (if available) in CHINESE.

CHINESE!!! Not being racist at all here but DO they realize that not ALL of the people who watch japanese anime or japanese/korean/cantonese drama are Chinese people? The basic reason that I download these anime is because They are only available in Chinese. A language which I HAVE studied despite it NOT being my 2nd language. HECK its not even my 3rd! I'm a Malay. A Malay person that loves other things that the soppy romance drama on Suria.

One example is the not that recent sale of Deathnote Movie by Poh Kim. Yes, I've watched the movie on screen. Therefore I want to buy it a copy to watch in the comfort of my own home. BUT! Its only subbed in CHINESE!!! It has... wait for it... Chinese DUBBING!!! BAH! I cannot even enjoy the movie that way. I cannot enjoy any movie if I do not understand it.

So my point. If you have it licensed, get it done so that many people if not ALL can understand it. Get it done with good quality. Get it ON THE SHELVES so that people can buy it.

Odex, if you ever come across this post, Great job so far but I'm waiting for more DVDs to appear, Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch it on www.crunchyroll.com lah. I know the quality is bad for some titles but you want quality or you want fines?

I think the English-subbed death note movie is available in crunchyroll too

Nutella aka Siti Aisyah said...

I'd rather have it on a big(ger) screen without the need to squint...