Keep on smiling

Keep on smiling
Blueeee

Monday 21 May 2007

Update on my grandmother.

I've just returned from the Hospital. Tan Tock Seng Hospital sure has the facilities for the elderly folk and my grandmother is a returning guest. She's in the ICU right now. Hopefully she'll be okay.

She suffered a stroke this morning but was only discovered by the maid only about 30 mins later. This was because she was in the loo (coz she has this thing about privacy even though she has her dementia). The paramedics came but the morning jam prevented them to do much for her.

The stroke, a bleeding 3 cm clot in the left side of her brain, left her right upper body paralysed. I cannot see her smile again. She has beautiful teeth at 69. No dentures, no cavities. Plain beautiful teeth and a smile that strikes my heart with joy. When I was there, her grip on her left was still strong. She murmured something, but none of us could understand her. I just stood there holding her hand. With my voice like this, I couldn't say much.

We left her with my aunt watching over her. I hope she gets better.

Pray for her.

No comments: